Moving day, we have all experienced the dreadful day once in our lives with much hardship. There is much responsibility in a move and stress can seem inevitable on this day. The most difficult part is not the move itself but keeping a smile throughout the move day is the real challenge. Moving is considered one of the most stressful time in a person’s life so here are some tips that can help lessen the stress on this eventful day!
- Have great organization and planning. To keep stress to a minimum and have a successful move, be prepared to face the inevitable challenges or inconveniences that occur on moving day will help boost your confidence of having a smooth move.
- Manage time wisely with realistic packing and moving goals but also take time away from the chaos by eating out or hanging out with friends for a few hours. This will be a much needed respite for you to re-energize mentally and lessen the panic.
- Do not plan social events on moving day or the day before your move date since this will cause more stress for you by having to be at two places at once.
- Start with the bathroom when unpacking, then the bedrooms so you have all the essentials already unpacked, so going to work the next day will be less stressful for you.
- Keep your movers and helpers happy, refreshments and calling for a break every few hours to chat will keep a friendly atmosphere. Take the lead to restart the packing and moving if you have to because time can escape you. Offering beverages throughout the day and keeping a positive attitude will get you and everyone through the move.
- Plan a fun activity after your move in your new neighborhood or with your friends and family members that helped out. Creating new experiences is a great transition for a person whether if it’s with your family or your friends.
- Be a leader, if you start showing you are stressed, irritated, and short-tempered to your friends or family members, they will in turn use that as an excuse to do the same.
- Good Sleep will be needed before moving and unpacking day, you don’t want to be exhausted half way through your moving day!