You have finally found the house of your dreams, put an offer in, and signed the papers. Now the only thing left to do is pack everything up in your current residence and move it to your new home. Here at MacDonald Moving Services, we know how stressful this time can be. We’ve been helping families move locally and nationally with United Van Lines for over sixty years and can answer any questions you might have.
From the moment you make the decision to move, it’s important to have all of the right steps in place in order to have a seamless transition.
BEFORE YOU MOVE
- Ask friends, neighbors, and family members for any moving company recommendations
- Obtain estimates from at least three different movers and compare and contrast any of the services they offer
- Find out what the movers responsibilities are and what happens if anything gets damaged along the way
- Adequately insure your belongings
- Accompany the movers are they inventory your household items
- Answer any questions your drivers might have and be sure to give them directions to your new home
- Carefully read over any documents before signing them
- Inform the driver/movers of any contact information in case they need to get in touch with you at any point
- Supervise the unloading and unpacking of your items
- Double check your inventory list to make sure you have received all of your belongings
- Pay the movers in accordance with your term of agreement
Our Moving Checklist will help you from beginning to end.
If you are preparing to move, let MacDonald Moving Services help! Give us a call at 800-225-0394 to get your free moving estimate!